Hello world!

¡Hola! My name is Ola Pozor and I’m so excited to share my study abroad experience from this summer in Cádiz! I am a rising sophomore at the College of William and Mary, double majoring in Government and Hispanic Studies. I decided to apply for this program last year, hoping to enrich my Spanish conversation skills as well as my understanding of the history and culture of the mother of the Spanish-speaking world. Little did I know that I was going to get SO much more out of the 5 weeks abroad, such as an amazing relationship with my host family and roommate, Hannah Major (she’s also been reflecting upon her trip via blog), superb navigational skills around the historic, cobblestone city, the ability to write a 10+ page paper in Spanish, a glowing suntan- the list goes on! My time in Spain was truly exceptional, for it has opened my mind to many other opportunities in the field of Hispanic Studies, most prominently an entire semester abroad, which I may pursue in the coming year or so! Studying abroad is one of the best things I’ve done thus far in my college career and I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone considering an adventure of a lifetime. Enjoy! 🙂

Representing W&M while cooking paella at a local high school in Cádiz!

Author: Ola Pozor

William and Mary Class of 2019 Government/Hispanic Studies Major Language Enthusisast